6547 42nd Ave SW
Developer: Urban Seattle LLC
Architect: West Ventures LLC
bland (blænd) – adjective, -er, -est.
1. lacking in special interest, liveliness, individuality, etc.; insipid; dull.
va·nil·la (və-nĭl’ə) – adjective
1. lacking adornments or special features; basic or ordinary.
vex (věks) tr.v. vex·ing
1. To annoy, as with petty importunities; bother.
2. To cause perplexity in; puzzle.
3. To bring distress or suffering to; plague or afflict.
bum·mer (bŭm’ər) -adjective slang
1. Of poor, wretched, or miserable quality; worthless.
2. Disappointing; unpleasant.
We visited West Seattle. Good thing we had our pocket dictionary with us to get past our loss for words. Even the 1950s house next door looks stunned. Well, it is a lot of down-tempo green.
3333 Wallingford Ave.
Developer: Pelar LLC
Architect: Curtis Beattie and Associates
We looked up what a Tavona is, or does, and found nothing. And no, it’s not Italian for The cutting edge of urban living.
We guess it just sounded like the right quasi European luxury condo name to give this project after running it through Condonamer 2.0.
We feel that to make this condo really stand out everyone who lives here should change their name to Tavona. It has a nice beige gender neutral sound that doesn’t offend anybody. Pets too.
Those garden nursery columns are really holding up the whole thing nicely.
It’s a good thing they are protected by a modern security feature of concrete barriers in front to prevent a disaster by keeping errant traffic from taking them out.
Also, if your friends live on the second floor above the columns you can knock on their floor if you don’t feel like using the buzzer.
John…, I mean Tavona, are you home?