6960 California Ave SW
Architect: in hiding
It’s like the flagstone stairs and the orange awnings are leading somewhere else.
Maybe the building is in the witness protection program and not really two abysmally beige condo boxes.
We suspect under the sober facade is a fun land of fountains, gambling and speakeasies.
On the record, these luxurious flagstone stairs lead to a fine (somber) example of West Seattle’s “luxury condos” with units around $239,000. OMG!?
6547 42nd Ave SW
Developer: Urban Seattle LLC
Architect: West Ventures LLC
bland (blænd) – adjective, -er, -est.
1. lacking in special interest, liveliness, individuality, etc.; insipid; dull.
va·nil·la (və-nĭl’ə) – adjective
1. lacking adornments or special features; basic or ordinary.
vex (věks) tr.v. vex·ing
1. To annoy, as with petty importunities; bother.
2. To cause perplexity in; puzzle.
3. To bring distress or suffering to; plague or afflict.
bum·mer (bŭm’ər) -adjective slang
1. Of poor, wretched, or miserable quality; worthless.
2. Disappointing; unpleasant.
We visited West Seattle. Good thing we had our pocket dictionary with us to get past our loss for words. Even the 1950s house next door looks stunned. Well, it is a lot of down-tempo green.
The new urban blandscape sweeping through Seattle